Free car show series leads up to Aug. 6 Gratiot Cruise
PUBLISHED: July 9, 2023 at 12:42 p.m. | UPDATED: July 10, 2023 at 10:42 a.m.
It’s cruisin’ time on Gratiot Avenue.
The 20th anniversary of the Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise is gearing up for the big day on Sunday, Aug. 6.
Celebrating Macomb County’s largest procession of hot rods, roadsters, motorcycles, antique vehicles, pickup trucks and other wheeled contraptions that gather on Gratiot Avenue between 14 Mile Road and Wellington Crescent for a day of family fun.
In advance of the vintage vehicle showcase, the cruise committee hosts a series of pre-cruise car shows at businesses throughout the community that attract on average 100 classic cars.
“There will be food and drink specials at each car show, some sort of live entertainment (usually a DJ), and there will be classic car judging for prizes,” the committee said on its website.
The first one was held last week at Fern Hill Golf Club.
Car shows run 5-8 p.m. The show schedule includes:
- Tuesday, July 11 — Freddy’s Bar and Grill, 40000 Garfield Road
- Thursday, July 13 — Great Shots Backyard Bar, 36901 Garfield
- Tuesday, July 18 — Kuhnhenn Brewing Co., 36000 Groesbeck Highway
- Thursday, July 20 — Hennessey’s Pub + Kitchen, 42012 Hayes Road’
- Wednesday, July 26 — Clinton Township Civic Center, 40700 Romeo Plank Road (with Music & Movie in the Park Night)
- Tuesday, Aug. 1 — Gratiot Pub, 34005 Gratiot
- Thursday, Aug. 3 — Alibi Inn, 33025 S. Gratiot
There is no charge to attend the shows or the cruise, which runs from noon-6 p.m. Aug. 6, with festivities starting as early as 9 a.m.
The Clinton Township Gratiot Cruise Inc. is a non-profit organization registered in the State of Michigan and recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(4) organization.
The planning group’s purpose is to organize an annual car cruise within the Clinton Township Downtown Development Authority (DDA) boundaries to promote both the businesses along Gratiot Avenue as well as the community.